If you have struggled for years with eczema or psoriasis, you know how frustrating it is, especially when cold weather exacerbates it. Here is a balm I think you will like, though its ingredients may cost a bit to get you up and going.
100 ml Andiroba, Calendula or Oat Oil
25 ml Borage Oil
25 ml Rosehip Oil
15 ml Beeswax (or Castor Wax, if you are vegan)
50 drops Essential Oil Blend (see below).
- Sterilize a small glass bottle.
- Count out your 50 drops (25 if for a child) into the bottle.
- Heat the oil in a small pot very gently, with the wax.
- As soon as the wax is melted, take it off the heat.
- When it just begins to cloud over, pour it into the bottle and cap.
- Apply to lesions up to three times daily.
The EO blend will be made up of Chamomile, Cypress, Juniper Berry, and Sandalwood (so long as it is not weeping eczema).
Five drops of Melissa, if you have it, may be added to the 150 ml above, but you want very little as it is very powerful.
Turmeric is also anti-inflammatory and may be used in place of the blend (or as a part of it).
People with eczema and psoriasis are often stressed and deficient in B vitamins, so make sure to get whole grains into the daily diet, and make time for fun and relaxation.